Medical Student Internship Program
Below are essential information about our medical strudent school internship program.
Whats is the medical schools partnership & what are the objectives?
Medical schools from all overthe world are invited to participate with us in our medical outreach programs. This program offers nursing & medical students and Internship a great opportunity to learn to treat patients in a tropical setting and offers a practical exposure & experience not normally available to interns or externs.
The core aim of the JHM Medical Mission Outreach is to provide short term access to nursing, medical & surgical care in poor, under-served, overlooked and vulnerable communities in the countries where we serve or have mission partners overseas. The aim is to improve the health, wellness, and quality of life of the local indigenous peoples who have no financial resources to pay for good quality healthcare or are living in remote areas where medicines & medical facilities are not readilly available.
We aim to provide medical outreach in various areas of medicine such as Tropical medicine, General medical practice, Accident and Emergency, Dermatology, General Surgery, Maternity and Midwifery, Nursing, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Occupational Therapy, Ophthalmology, Pediatrics, Pathology, Physiotherapy, and Ultrasound and other medical sub-specialities.
We invite medical schools, nursing schools as well as nursing & medical students to get in touch with us and join hands with us for this special mission program. All internships programs are supervised by a Senior physician and detailed report of inetr participation can be provided on completion of the internship period. Programs can be tailor made to specific duration & clinical requirements.
Our mission outreached is aimed at being an all year round experience, subject to Senior medical staff availability & agreed schedule.
WHO ARE THE TARGETED BENEFCIARIES:
Here are the categories of the vulnerable people the project serves:
- Babies, toddlers and young children.
- Pregnant & vulnerable mothers.
- Girls & Women of all ages living in poverty, destitution or homelessness.
- Elderly persons & widows.
- People (male & female) living in homelessness, poverty & destitution.
- Persons living in far & remote areas and lacking access to medical facilities.
We typically gather a team of medical personnel & volunteers to go on mission outreach mission trips to targeted communities that we serve abroad.
These are nursing & medical students, doctors, surgeons, nurses,midwives, dentists, physiotherapists, pharmacists and other allied medical professionals with any level of experience who feel called to go overseas to help the poor as volunteers. The teams may originate from any country and we connect them to our medical contacts & local outreach doctors and staff on the ground with whom they can work during their stay in the mission field.
what is the average Medical Outreach duration?
Average mission duration can range from 7 days, 14 days, 28 days, 4-16 Weeks or longer depending on the availability of qualified supervisory medical staff and volunteers and the medical supply available at the time.
WHAT WE DO:
- All participants will pay for their own travel tickets, trains/bus, transfers & accommodation.
- Students interns must provide proof of current enrolment in a medical/nursing school program.
- Professionals are to be qualified in their field of medical, dental or pharmaceutical practice.
- Qualified persons must provide proof of their verifiable medical qualifications & certifications.
- Internss must provide at least two references.
- Interns must submit to a CRB check as they will be working with vulnerable women & children.
- To diagnose and treat illnesses & refer patients to local hospitals for emergency as required.
- To perform within the scope of their qaulification and speciality or level only under supervision.
- To exhibit the highest quality of bedside manners and be gemtle & kind to all the patients they attend to.
- To work with and alongside other professionals in a collaborative & complimentary fashion.
- To educate patients about their condition with gentleness, kindness and compassion.
- To assist our local medical team in better informing the local people about easilly transmittable diseases, sexually transmitted infections, fecal and water-borne infections, skin infections, eye infections and other conditions.
- Not to engage in sexual or romantic relationships with local citizens whilst on the mission.
- To respect all the local laws and customs without exception.
- To submit to assessments and evaluation which may form part of medical/nursing school work.
- To respect all persons with whom the intern intereact and not bring the host organisation to disrepute.
- To comply with and respect all JHM mission outreach terms and conditions without exception.
If you interested in participating in our medical mission internships, please fill the form below or simply email us your request.
Please note that all our participants are required to go through our training & orientation program before commencement.
Please note that for anyone who will work directly with women and children, a mandatory CRB check is required.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thank you & God bless you!
Thigs you can do to assist us in our medical missions work abrad:
1. Donate funds towards our medical outreach work & for provision of continued medical assistance to the needy.
2. Donate/help procure medical supplies such as medicines, equipments, etc.
3. You can join our fundraising team of people who regulalrly findraise for our medical outreach projects.
4. Volunteer and help provide better health for vulnerable people around the world.
If you interested in being a part of the this project, please email and request for details.
Email: email@example.com or complete the application form below.