Available counselling services:
Are you a victim of domestic abuse who is in need of counselling?
Would you like to speak to an advocate to arrange an appointment?
Please feel free call our helpline service on 0 800 093 4451 We are available 24/7.
We are Jannet Hopewell Ministries-Scotland. We are are also popularly known as JHM.
We are a Christian [Non-Denominational], voluntary, charitable organisation helping abused women and children.
We assist victims of domestic violence, sex trafficking & women trapped in prostitution.
We raise awareness and provide information on the impact of domestic abuse and violence against women and their children.
We campaign against sex abuse, sex trafficking and forced prostitution.
We stand symbolically with the victims and survivors of domestic abuse and violence.
We take keen interest in their recovery and healing process that enables them to start life afresh, free from fear or intimidation.
We take a strong stand on PREVENTING domestic violence & sex abuse.
We work to provide safe havens for women and their children fleeing or suffering the effects of domestic violence!
We aim to break the cycle of domestic abuse in the next generation by giving women the opportunity to remove themselves and their children from destructive and unsafe environments.
We stand with women and work to raise their level of dignity,preciousness as well as affirm their value, identity & purporse (VIP) in life.
We Provide educational support, training, microfinance support, shelter, housing support & other aids to women & children.
We work in Scotland and in other nations.
- We will not disclose information about victims to anyone except where there is significant risk to the life/lives of victims.
- Every information you give us is held in the highest regard and will not be divulged to anyone.
- We will never disclose your location to any random person seeking your whereabout or seeking to harm you.
- We are committed to your security, safety and general welfare as victim of domestic violence, sex trade or prostitution.
We provide practical, sensible and Christian counselling support to victims. We do our best to direct them in the right direction for getting more help including getting help from the Police, escaping violence, social services support, prayer support and temporary shelter support. Our website provides a wealth of information which assist victims in gaining more understanding about the evil of domestic abuse, sexual abuse & exploitation, teenage domestic abuse & violence and we provide additional campaign resources such as leaflets, posters and general public awareness resources. It is very essential that:
- You should call the police if you are a victim of domestic violence or abuse.
- On average 2 women per week die at the hands of their partner in domestic abuse situations.
- Between 2009 and 2015, 936 women were killed by men. Of these, 598 (64%) were killed by their current or former partners and 75 (8%) by their sons.
- Domestic violence or abuse is not love. It is a crime! Flee from it as soon as possible!
We also support women in destitution, orphans, abandoned children, widows and orphans. We have our orphanages in India & Kenya.